Located on the Santa Rosa Island, the Navarre beach is famous for its white sand and crystal clear green water.
How to reach the Navarre Beach
The nearest airport to reach Navarre beach is Pensacola International Airport, which is approx. 30 miles away from the beach.
The beach can also be reached by road, using the Florida State Road 399.
Public transport is not very convenient to get to the Navarre Beach. Taking one’s own car or renting a car is the best option available.
At Navarre Beach
Lifeguards are available daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the pier at the beach. Special attention should be given to the beach safety flags, as the Gulf of Mexico poses many dangers. Swimming alone and after dark is not advisable because of sharks. Other facilities like car parking, washrooms, showers, and designated fishing spots at the pier are available. The Navarre Beach Marine Science station provides classes and informative sessions about the marine ecosystem for children.
The beach caters to all kinds of cuisines, for example:
- Cactus Flower cafe
- Local Seafood: Beach Monkey Bar and Grill
- Peking House
- East River Smoke House
- Juana’s Pagoda and Lagerheads are good places to catch up on a drink.
- Island style: This shop would cater to all visitors’ beach and gifting requirements
- Foxy Boutique: This would be a nice place to shop for chic beach wear
- Coastal Reflections: Advisable to buy souvenirs.
Hotels near the beach
The area around the Navarre Beach offers a wide range of beachfront accommodations like condos, homes, and resorts.
For example, Summerwind Resort is a good option for a luxurious stay.
Beach Colony Resort also offers a luxurious, quiet, and romantic holiday experience.
Absolute Gulf Front is a nice option for a larger group or family.
There are several other facilities, such as:
- BEST WESTERN Navarre Waterfront (2 stars, offers free wifi)
- Hampton Inn & Suites Navarre (3 stars, offers free wifi)
- Southern Comfort Condominium at Navarre Beach
- Caribbean Resort Condo
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
- Disabled Access
- Car Parking
- Changing Rooms