The Wineglass Bay is located on a peninsula composed of pink granite hills, consisting of pristine white sand and turquoise water.
Kayaking around the bay and its pristine waters is an excellent activity choice. Other options are:
- taking a cruise around the whole peninsula
- going off-road through the adjacent national park
- the relaxing way of chilling at the beach, maybe with a book, enjoying the sea, the sun and marvelous scenery.
Taking a hike to the Wineglass Bay Lookout can give one a perfect view of the beach. Or if that is not enough, a plane or helicopter tour can deliver more than that.
Not even a two-hour drive away is Hobart with the Hobart International Airport. From there tourists can go to the Wineglass Bay by car.
Hotels near the beach
The adjacent Coles Bay and Freycinet National Park offer accommodations ranging from hotels to camping in the wilderness. Some of the facilities closest to the bay are:
- Freycinet Lodge (4 stars, offers free wifi)
- Saffire Freycinet (5 stars)
- Edge of the Bay Resort (4 stars, offers free wifi)
- Freycinet Eco Retreat
- Iluka Holiday Centre (offers free wifi for guests)
This beach also may be known as:
- Wineglass Bay Coles Bay
- Wineglass Bay Freycinet