Rocha Beach is a long wide beach with golden soft sand and clear water near the resort of Portimao in Algarve province.
The beach is very popular for partying being full of decent bars, cafes, restaurants, and casinos.
Consisted with a sand with beautiful golden texture, it is also popular for beach football tournaments that take place there.
How to get there
By bus or taxi
- Taxis and buses connect Faro Airport and Algarve.
- The beach is easily accessible by cycling or walking through a long wooden boardwalk.
Services the Rocha beach
- Lifeguards are monitor the busy party beach during peak seasons.
- There are almost all water sports available at Rocha beach. These include surfing, diving, swimming, water skiing, the popular banana boat ride, snorkeling and much more.
- The Algarve beaches are said to be the “most accessible” in Portugal. The Rocha beach has disabled access with good boardwalks and ramps that are wheel-chair friendly.
- Toilets and changing rooms are available and have the access for the disabled too.
- Umbrellas and sunbeds are available for hire at the beach. The rental prices are subject to season and range from 10 to 15 EUR.
- Ample car parking space is near the beach. However, it can be very busy during peak summer seasons and may cause parking difficulties.
The area nearby the beach is full of hotels, restaurants, and bars. A foodie will enjoy different cuisines and good wines, drinks and cocktails available there. The Vista Gourmet Restaurant, Salsadado Ze Beach Restaurant are prominent places that offer quality meals and drinks.
Hotels near the beach
Some of the good hotels for stay at Rocha are:
Jupiter Algarve Hotel
Bela Vista Hotel & Spa
Adriana Beach Club Resort Hotel
Hotel da Rocha
Plaza Real Atlantichotels
- Car Parking
- Changing Rooms
Praia da Rocha