The Panama City Beach is a beautiful tourist spot in Florida, located along the crystal-clear blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
There are a lot of activities that for people of all age groups, on and off the beach. On the beach, tourists can enjoy swimming, snorkeling, surfing, fishing & underwater photography. Off the beach, the St. Andrews State Park is a good place for a refreshing nature trail.
The beach is also known for its panoramic sunsets. Tourists can enjoy clubbing at the nightclubs in the beach vicinity. Overall, it’s a perfect place to relax and unwind.
There are a lot of cafes and restaurants nearby serving fresh seafood and the best wines.
How to get there?
- By a car: Visitors heading from the North can use the State Route 77, US Highway 231 or State Route 79. There’s a major East-to-West Highway that runs just along the beach. The Us Highway 231 & State Route 77 lead directly to the beach.
- Using a trolley: The Bay-Town Trolley services are available throughout the beach county. Route no. 7 and 8 are the services that connect the beach. The one-way ticket costs $1.50.
The distance from Northwest Florida Beaches Airport to Panama City Beach is 12.1 miles.
Facilities at the beach
- Lifeguards patrolling the beach at regular intervals. Visitors are expected to adhere to the warning signs put up at the beach from time to time for their own safety.
- There are many water sports to enjoy like diving, swimming, snorkeling, surfing, and underwater photography. Also, tourists can hire sports equipment at varying prices.
- The beach can be easily accessed by disabled visitors using a wheelchair. Additionally, there are wheelchair rental services available.
- Changing rooms facilities are at Pier Park & County Pier areas of the beach.
- Public toilets are within the beach vicinity.
- Public showers available near the beach vicinity.
- Sunbeds and umbrellas rentals are near the beaches at varying prices according to demand and the season.
- Ample car parking is at the Pier Park and runs by “pay&park” system.
Restaurants and shopping
There are many restaurants and places to stay near the beach. For shoppers, there is a superstore called as “The Shipwreck Mercantile” located nearby. Multi-cuisine restaurants are also close to the beach.
Hotels near the beach
Tourists can choose from numerous options of resorts and inns that best suit their budgets and preferences.
Holiday Inn Resort Panama City Beach (3 stars)
Hampton Inn & Suites Panama City Beach-Pier Park Area (2 stars)
Days Inn Panama City Beach/Ocean Front (2 stars)
Osprey on the Gulf
Marriott’s Legends Edge at Bay Point
Palmetto Inn & Suites
- Disabled Access
- Car Parking
- Changing Rooms