The Golden Bay Beach is located on the island of Malta surrounded by the Mediterranean sea. As the name suggests, it is a beach consisted of beautiful golden textured sand.
Golden Bay is famous for its mesmerizing sunsets that fill the skies with amazing hues and shades.
There are a lot of things that the beach has in store for its guests – from BBQ parties to adventure sports like speed boating, jet skiing, and paragliding. The surrounding area offers numerous bars, restaurants, hotels and cafes.
How to reach the beach
By car: Cars can be hired to the beach where left in car parking area just by the golden sands.
Using a bus: There is a bus service to the beach: a bus stop just 5 min away from the beach. The bus services to Golden Bay Beach routes are as follows:
- From Valletta: Bus No. 44
- From St. Julians and Sliema: Bus No. 225
- From Qawra and Bugibba: Bus No. 223
- From Ghadira and Mellieha Bay: Bus No. 101
The above locations can be reached from the Malta International Airport by the Airport Express bus services (they are numbered from X1 to X4)
Services at the beach
- Guests can hire an umbrella along with two sun loungers for €10.
- Car parking is near the beach
- There are excellent diving school and training facility on the beach. One can learn and master scuba-diving at the school to explore the wonders of the sea.
- Lifeguards are present during the day time in summer season.
- The beach can be easily accessed by the disabled using the ramp facility.
- Public showers, toilets, and changing rooms are here as well (near the Agliolio restaurant).
On the beach, visitors can enjoy such water sports as jet skiing, speed boating, surfing, and paragliding.
Hotels near the beach
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa
Solana Hotel & SpaSolana Hotel & Spa4 stars
db Seabank Resort & Spa
Ramla Bay Resort
Pergola Club Hotel & Spa
- Disabled Access
- Car Parking
- Changing Rooms