The Blue Lagoon Beach is located on the beautiful Comino island that lies between Malta and Gozo, surrounded by the Mediterranean sea. It is a beautiful sandy beach with crystal blue shallow waters.
How to get there
Boat service (hourly service from main island)
- Departure points: Cirkewwa (Malta, near Gozo), Marfa (in Gozo) and the Blue Lagoon
- Journey time: About 25 min to Comino and 35 min for the return journey.
Ticket pricing – return fare (free for kids under 5 years age):
- For adults: The return ride is €10 by ferry
- For kids aged 5-12, the price is €5
Services at the beach
- There are lifeguards monitoring the beach only during the peak season
- Water sports at the beach include swimming, boating, windsurfing, rambling and snorkeling. It will be better to bring the required equipment for snorkeling, away from the crowd exploring the blue lagoon.
- Disabled access: The beach offers full access for the disabled. Also, the pathway to the beach is wheelchair-friendly.
- Changing rooms and toilets: Such facilities are also available near the beach.
- Umbrellas and sunbeds are available for the tourists on hire. The rates are on “per day” basis. Umbrellas can be hired for 5 euros and deckchairs for 3 euros.
- Visitors can have a refreshing bath at the public showers available near the beach.
- Car parking: The island of Comino does not have any concrete roads for cars. It is best to take a bike or a motorcycle all the way to the beach. No car parking is available.
Additionally, there are some buildings and monuments worth a see near the Blue Lagoon. The most popular are The St. Mary’s Tower and a Roman Catholic chapel.
Hotels near the beach
The Comino Hotel
The Comino Hotel is only available accommodation option offering rooms, bars, cafes and restaurants for the tourists. The hotel is located near San Niklaw Bay.
Facilities at the hotel:
Fully air conditioned rooms with TV, intercom and mini-bar facility
Tennis court, mountain biking (on rental basis), French boules play pitch is available for the guests
Scuba diving training school facility that offers a wide range PADI scuba diving courses for beginners who are adrenaline junkies
Guests can enjoy a refreshing swim in the hotel swimming pool that is available inside
Private beaches: the hotel has two small private beaches; guests can enjoy utmost privacy with friends and families at their very own private beach
Holiday homes: The hotel also provides holiday homes at the Santa Marija Bay; one can enjoy summers away from the crowd at these luxurious holiday homes offered by the Comino Hotel
- Disabled Access
- Changing Rooms